Friday, April 4, 2008

Part 6 (Down side of the year)

Somewhere in during these last few events I did have a couple things go wrong. While working at Bassett furniture I was delivering a 370 lb Armoire to a customer. Well things did not go to plan. I was unable to get a handle on it and it fell on my pinky finger. It smashed my finger badly enough that it split it 3 ways. I had to get a lot of stitches (I don't remember the exact number it was 8 or 12) and I lost feeling in the top digit of my finger. None of the pictures turned out but I did record a video of my finger to show how bad it was unfortunately I am having problems putting it on the computer at the moment. Even though my finger as healed I still have a huge scar (For a pinky finger that is) and I still do not have full feeling in my finger.

I also found out that I am lactose intolerant. Which for anybody who knows me is really funny because milk was all that I ever drank. I am now reduced to 1 glass of milk a week preceded by a couple of pills to reduce the effect it will have on me. This has been extremely hard and I admit I will think about what I have to do the next day and if I don't have anything important I will overdose on milk and just not move the next day.

The only good thing about being lactose intolerant is that if Rene' doesn't think I have enough sympathy for her morning sickness then she can always slip milk in my food and then we can be sick together.

2 comments:

Syl said...

I hope your lactose problem will get better as your life gets less stressful. That is a difficult challenge for you Chris. Your Dad would have a horrible time too.

Lonna said...

No milk! What! Oh Chris I am sorry, I don't know what I would do if I could not have dairy. You know I think that I would eat it anyway. What kind of a life is it without ice cream, cold cereal, cold milk with hot cookies. I am basically in tears for you. I think that is much worse than any morning sickness that I had. My heart goes out to you.