Saturday, March 8, 2008

Part 1 (Martins Cove)

Sometime in May 2007 Rene' and I went to Martins cove with Rene's father Barry.
With this trip under our belt, Rene' and I have now been to pretty much every major church site since we have been married. Although it was fun and spiritual, I do have to disagree with everybody there and say that it is not the most spiritual place I have ever been. Everybody you talk to goes on and on about how it is the best place to feel the spirit and that you will never feel it stronger anywhere else. Well like I said I disagree, not counting the Temples, I would have to say that I could feel the spirit much stronger at the sacred grove.

6 comments:

Lonna said...

Is this the one where you pulled the carts? I will say that is not my idea of a great time, but I do find the churches history quite interesting.

Christopher J Barlow said...

Yes lonna this is the one where you pull the carts. But we did not pull one for very long. We only pulled it for about 15 - 20 min.
Christopher J Barlow

Leslie said...

We did the pioneer trek @ Martin's Cove when I was a youth and it was amazing. I seem to remember pulling carts for like two days straight with no breaks though. Probably faulty memories. I would love to do Martin's Cove as an adult; I think it would be more meaningful.

Syl said...

Nice pictures, Chris! I think I felt the spirit at a site (temple excluded also) was at the Kirkland Temple. There were only 9 people there and I found it very moving to touch the pulput where Jesus stood during that D&C section after the dedication of that Temple.
love,
Mom

Syl said...

p.s. Sorry, that is supposed to be felt the spirit the most....

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Martins Cove but I have been to the scared grove and all the central U.S. church sites and I have to say the most spiritual place is my shower. Yep thats right, my shower is the place I feel the spirit the most (probably because it's the only quiet time of my day) Most of the places were just that--places.
Jen