Saturday, February 16, 2008

One patient wife

Those you who know any of us Barlow's know that we can get just a little obsessed about certain things. Those who were unfortunate enough to marry one of us know that there is nothing you can do but humor us and hope we grow out of it. Luckily for me Rene' is not only patient but she is supportive. She actually will try to listen to my ramblings and occasionally she will humor me and try what I am excited about. I the summer I started working with the scroll saw and was enjoying it immensely. To the point that it was all I would talk about. Rene' put up with me for a long time and even consented to let me teach her how to do it. These pictures are of Rene's first attempt at it and if I do say so myself she was quite good at it.
She started by cutting out a duck puzzle.
Here is the final result.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Looks good!
Ryan says "I like duckies"

Anonymous said...

you did a nice job Rene! (also great job on the patience....you will need it later too)
love,
syl

Lonna said...

What great skills you have. I am really impressed with the puzzle. And it is pretty fun getting involved with the projects that your spouse is doing. It is funny that the last project that I tried to help James with I was pregnant too. Good luck with the next creative projects, just make sure that you are not lifting the equipment.