Friday, September 26, 2008

Trekkie in Training

On September 5, 2008, I woke up and walked into the living room to see this...
and this...
They were watching episodes of Star Trek -Voyager to be exact. I couldn't believe it, well, actually I could. You see, Chris and his parents are major Trekkies. They've seen (and own) every episode of Star Trek multiple times. Before I married Chris I knew only this about Star Trek: there was a guy named Captain Kirk, a spaceship called the Enterprise, and a saying,"Beam me up, Scottie". I had seen a couple minutes of one of the movies and that was it. However, by default I am becoming a Trekkie. I have seen many episodes and a couple of movies. My favorite series is Deep Space 9. In fact, while I was pregnant with Ethan I would sneeze multiple times a day and it reminded me of Kira when she was pregnant. Apparently Bajorans don't get morning sickness; they just sneeze a lot. To top it off, I have even been on the Star Trek ride in Las Vegas and had my picture taken with Quark. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would watch Star Trek, ask questions about, and even have conversations with people about it. Oh well, it's not the end of the world or universe.
Chris is just curious. How many of the Brent Barlow family members are Trekkies? If you would respond he would love to know.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

Syl said...

Well you already know I am a major trekkie! (I am not sure how to spell that), but I am forgiving, at least I try to be, forgiving of those who are not addicted to Star Trek. My favorite is Deep Space 9 too.

Becky said...

I will never conform. NEVER!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Resistance is futile ~ David

I'm not really sure on the idea. I never really got into it. I do remember watching the Star Trek movies with David, but that is about how far I have got into them. ~ Elann

Lonna said...

my parents used to watch the t.v. episodes, and I am sure that they liked the original movies as well, but I guess that I never really got into them either. Sorry Barlow's.