Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rene' and Ethan

I would put pictures up but the blog is acting funny and they won't show up so here is an update.

Rene' is healing nicely from her surgery and has been able to go back to work. Her tail bone started to hurt. It was okay to begin with but it hurt more every day and finally she went to the doctor about it and it turns out that she has a cyst on her tail bone, not only that but it is infected. So now we are taking care of that.

Ethan is doing really well. He is now able to maintain his body temperature which means his is in an open crib. He is breast feeding twice a day and is doing well. Right now the only thing left that he needs to do is to get all his food from breast feeding. He weighs 4 1/2 pounds and is growing great. we are really excited about his progress. He continues to show a very distinct personality. We are very excited to get him home.

I will put pictures up once the blogger will allow me to.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Yay Ethan pics!!! I hope Rene gets feeling better soon.

Syl said...

I am so glad that Ethan is doing well! That is great news! Hope Rene's tail bone heals quickly.

Lonna said...

I am so glad to hear the good news with Ethan. I am sorry to hear about Rene's tail bone. That is annoying for her I am sure.

Excited to see the new pictures.

Leslie said...

If we were there I would make you a cake, that's what we did every time the twins passed another lb. mark. An open crib is awesome! In our NICU they called that room the big kids playground, because they had to graduate through a lot to get there. Congrats, Ethan! Growing up so fast...I hope your tail bone gets better Rene-oh dear. Tail bones are so touchy. Can't wait to see what Ethan's up to.